How To Prepare For IBPS Clerk Recruitment Exam 2012
IBPS is all set to announce IBPS Recruitment 2012. Under the IBPS Recruitment 2012, IBPS will invite
applications for the IBPS Common entrance exam 2012 for PO, Clerk and Specialist Officers. Students
preparing for these exams should make sure that the study material and the way of preparing for
this exam is right.
Many students are not getting the jobs in banking sector because of sectional cut-off. Some students
are good at aptitude but not in English which will result in the difficulty to get shortlisted. So for
clearing the exam students need to prepare for all sections. Then only it is possible to get your
dream job in one of the 19 banks.
Preparing for Numerical Ability for IBPS Clerk Recruitment exam 2012:
A few difficult topics included in numerical ability section are Time and Work, Time and
Distance, Problems on train, Profit and loss, Ages and Percentages.
To solve the problems in this section you need to work on skills like
1. Quick/speed maths
2. Basic concepts
3. Shortcuts in multiplications
4. Short tricks in each and every topic
5. Logical thinking
6. Finding the right answer from multiple options, without solving the problem
Preparing for Reasoning for IBPS Clerk Recruitment exam 2012:
A few topics included in reasoning section are Blood relations, Directions, Coding Decoding,
Analytical reasoning, Series, Critical reasoning, Cubes, Data interpretation, Data Sufficiency etc.
Tips to prepare for Reasoning:
1. Think different ways while solving the problem.
2. Don’t take more than 45 minutes to solve this section.
3. If you get stuck on one question , move on to the other
4. Think logically
5. Try to answer some (for qualifying) questions only in this section.
Preparing for English for IBPS Clerk Recruitment exam 2012:
When you know the basic Grammar and can do speed reading, you will not find the section tough.
Most of the students will get qualify in this section, who know the language and where to use words
in sentence, and to rectify the wrong words in sentence.
Important topics for English section in IBPS clerk exam are: English grammar, Comprehension,
Vocabulary and Sentence correction.
To prepare for this section Learn 10-15 synonyms/ antonyms per day. Also read one English
newspaper every day, improve fast reading as it will help you in passages.
Preparing for Computers for IBPS Clerk Recruitment exam 2012:
80% of the students will qualify in this section. In this section questions are related to basic
knowledge, testing of computer, internet banking etc.
Read about invention of computer, history of computers. It can be important for IBPS clerk exam.
Topics that need to be concentrated on for preparing for this section are:
Basics, Automation, Computers, Memories, Booting, Desktop, MS-Office, MS-Excel, MS-Access, MS-
Power point, Networks, Network Topology etc.
Preparing for General Knowledge for IBPS Clerk Recruitment exam 2012 :
1. Read English newspaper daily.
2. Go through yearbooks to get a concise picture of the happenings in all fields.
3. Keep it in mind that general awareness and current affairs section cannot be prepared
overnight, so keep a track of current events by reading newspapers, media, internet etc.
4. Make notes of the daily news headlines so that it’s easier to revise later on.
5. Keep a note of the personalities in news from both in India and world affairs.