A good news for all the unemployed Graduates and Undergraduates of India that Public Sector banks in India are on a Hiring spree and this fact is verified by the fact that soon after the declaration of IBPS Clerk Results 2012, Bank of Baroda, one of the largest Public Sector banks in India have announced its Clerical Recruitment Project-2012, inviting application for 2000 vacancies for its branches across the country.As we can say that this is only a start and the trend is likely to continue for the Upcoming 2-3 years
Why there is a need for such a massive Recruitment ?
Public Sector banks in India are facing a huge shortage of employees due to two main reasons:
- Retirement of Employees in 2012-2015
- Expansion of Business (Eg. Opening of New Bank Branches)
Apart from the above mentioned reasons, the banks have been ordered by Ministry of Finance, Government of India to open branches in the under banked areas by September 2012.Reserve Bank of India has identified 296 districts, which are under-banked, spread across 18 states and union territories.The definition of under-banked areas are those in which the population is less than 5000
Role of IBPS
IBPS had introduced the concept of Common Written Exams for Selection of Clerks, Probationary Officers and Specialist Officers.This pattern of Examination is similar to that of AIEEE, MAT, CATetc.Successful students in the CWE are issued scorecards based on their performance in the IBPS exam.The scorecard is mandatory to apply for Jobs in Public Sector banks
Why there is need for IBPS ?
IBPS had been conducting recruitment exams for individual banks from the past so many years and this process is replaced by Common Written Examination system by IBPS after receiving mandates from the 19 Public Sector banks of India.The major reason for introducing the Common Written Examination system is the lengthy recruitment process of Individual banks.
Now gone are the days when students will have to wait for 6-8 months for the declaration of their results,IBPS had made possible the result declaration with in the span of 2 to 2.5 months.
IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2012
IBPS clerical recruitment 2012 is announced and the last date to apply Online is 5th Nov, 2012, So students must start preparing for this exam as the level of competition in this exam is said be very high.We have seen some mind boggling fugues in the IBPS clerk Exam 2011, let us have a look at it
- Total Number of Registered Candidates : 44 Lakh
- Candidates appeared for the Exam: 31 lakh
- Passed Candidates in the IBPS Clerk Exam: 5.31 Lakh
A COMMON WRITTEN EXAMINATION (CWE) WILL BE CONDUCTED BY THE INSTITUTE OF BANKING PERSONNEL SELECTION (IBPS) FOR RECRUITMENT OF CLERICAL CADRE POSTS 19 PUBLIC SECTOR BANKS
Last Date : 5th Nov, 2012
Common Written Exam Tentative Date : Dec, 2012
Don’t worry Process is very simple like other Examinations just read this carefully. Please Note : State Bank of India & Its Associate Banks are not included in this recruitment process.
Eligibility Criteria for Common Written Examination :-
Nationality & Citizenship: Citizen of India Or Subject of Nepal, Bhutan, A Tibetan Refugee who came over the India before 01/01/1962 and others
Age Criteria : 20 to 28 years (Minimum 20 years and Maximum 28) years.
Relaxations : 5 years for SC/ST/, 3 years for OBC, 10 years for Persons with Disabilities and 5 years for Ex-Servicemen.
i) Degree in any Discipline from a recognized University of India
ii) Applicants must have the working Knowledge of Computers
iii) Applicants must be able to Read, write and Speak the Local language of the state.
Application Fee : Rs.450/- for GEN & OBC (Rs.50/- for SC/ST/PWD candidates) through ONLINE MODE OR OFFLINE MODE
- Online Mode
- Offline Mode
How to Apply :“Apply On-Line” at www.ibps.in as and when ibps declare their dates.No other mode of application will be accepted. (Read the Following Easy Steps for Application)
- Scan photograph (200 x 230 in 20kb-50kb) & Signatures (140 x 60, in 10kb-20kb) also with in the required specifications
- Then go to the IBPS’s website www.ibps.in& Click on the Link “Common Written Examination For Recruitment of Clerical Cadre”
- Keep the application fee deposit details (Transaction details UTR No. & IFSC Code etc.)
- Now fill the form as in the prescribed format and fill the all details Correctly & Carefully. There are 2 pages of the Application Form fill the both 2 pages of the Application Form
- After apply take a print out of the “System Generated Application Form” & ensure the all particulars filled in the application form are correct and keep it for the all future requirements..
- Candidate don’t need to send the Application Form to the IBPS.
- Candidate must have a Valid E-mail ID till the recruitment process (from the application of CWE till the appointment of the candidate)
Pattern of Common Entrance Examination :
Total Marks &Questions :250 Question & 250 Marks Papers (Negative marking applicable)
Duration : 150 Minutes for Reasoning, English Language, General Awareness, Computer Knowledge.
Note : The tests will be in English & Hindi Except the Test of English Language
- Reasoning : 40 Questions Max. 40 marks
- English Language : 40 Questions Max. 40 marks
- Numerical Ability/Quantitative Aptitude : 40 Question Max. 40 marks
- General Awareness (With special reference to Banking Industry) : 40 Questions Max. 40 marks
- Computer Knowledge : 40 Questions Max. 40 marks
CWE Score Card : Score Cards issued by IBPS will be valid for 1 year from the date of issue of the Score Card. Candidates can appear in subsequent examinations to enhance their scores if they so desire.
Important Dates :
Starting date for Online Registration/Application : 15th Oct, 2012
Last Date for Online Registration/Application: 5th Nov, 2012
Fee can be deposited between : 15th Oct, 2012 to 9th Nov, 2012
Written Examination will be held on Sunday : Dec, 2012
Best of Luck for the Second Common Written Examination for Banks. We wish the all the desiring candidates will cleared the Examination and will be placed for his desired place.
Updates: Students who are waiting for IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2012, must check this page regularly for any updates on the IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2012
Keep checking this posts for all future latest updates & submit you Mail ID in the Box above for all latest updates in you Mail Inbox. (Don’t forget to Active you Email Subscription from you Inbox)
For more updates check official notification http://ibps.in/career_pdf/CWE_Clerical_II_Ad.pdf